New (to me) Z1000SX ABS

Started by DaveH, May 11, 2020, 08:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveH

Despite being in lockdown, I've got myself a new bike :)

Had ridden past it for a while on the way to work and noticed it was for sale, so eventually, when out for our a walk as part of allocated exercise, I went over to have a look.

With much talking at a distance and wiping down, the sale was eventually made.

It was always on the cards I'd get one, and thought this would be too expensive, but was a pretty good price, basically trade in price.

Comes with panniers, registered in late 2015 and only 8K on the clock.

Chuffed to bits with it.  :grin:  :moto:

Green_Ninja

Nice one, Dave. They are a great all rounder. You won't be disappointed. Are you using it for your commute, or are you using your wee bike? Many happy and safe miles.  :moto:  :moto:  :moto:

DaveH

Have got it in with me today, just so I can ride it some more, but will be dropping back to the YBR as there is only about 3 miles of the route that isn't straight or motorway :(

Used it for shopping at the weekend (for stuff we can't get from the local shops), can't wait till this is over and get a chance to ride it on some decent roads. I think the Gen 1 will feel gutless next time I ride it as the SX pulls far more from lower revs - does it still have the top end rush, above 7 or 8k, or does it just pull everywhere?

Loving it though :D

Jarse

Fantastic. Enjoy Dave. Well deserved.

You keeping the Zed or moving it on?

Quote from: DaveH on May 12, 2020, 12:18:34 PMHave got it in with me today, just so I can ride it some more, but will be dropping back to the YBR as there is only about 3 miles of the route that isn't straight or motorway :(
Used it for shopping at the weekend (for stuff we can't get from the local shops), can't wait till this is over and get a chance to ride it on some decent roads. I think the Gen 1 will feel gutless next time I ride it as the SX pulls far more from lower revs - does it still have the top end rush, above 7 or 8k, or does it just pull everywhere?
Loving it though :D

My SX pulls from anywhere. Standard is good. Ivans and Akky is gooder. ;)  :moto:  :moto:

DaveH

Quote from: Jarse on May 12, 2020, 04:36:51 PMFantastic. Enjoy Dave. Well deserved.

You keeping the Zed or moving it on?
Cheers :)

Will probably move it on eventually, was still very much loving it and not looking to replace it, so am in a bit of a quandary

:icon_scratch:  Maybe I'll be use them alternately for days out, the odd track day, and then blue one for longer trips...

Dom1

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Manic636

Great buy and you will love it on the longer trips