Lap of Almeria inc a couple of unfortunate crashes

Started by mc101, March 13, 2020, 11:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc101

2015: NLR HT1 Endurance (1st)
2014: ACU National Endurance 1000 (2nd)

Jimhas7

Nice footage. Have you got a complete lap so I can do my homework (Hoping my April trip goes ahead...)  :grin:

My mate went off at the turn before on the second session of the first day. He stayed on but buckled both wheels and it cost him 500 euros to get the wheels sorted out. He didnt get back out until Saturday PM as a result...  :rofl:

It was a good week though, did a PB but still im yet to crack 1.50 though but not too far away now.

You were going well looking at the timings  :moto:

1-600-matt

I did more or less the same thing when I was there last year. Bit more gas through 5 then minor shittage of pants combined with looking at the gravel and went straight on rather than turn right for turn 6. Soon as I was in the curbs I was cursing myself. Stayed on though. Just had to run through the gravel and rejoin at the exit of turn 7!

Phil_8

Not surprised the aprrillia ran off, I dont think they hit a single apex did they?

Maddog

Random question....but......what speed is accurate? The dash or the overlay?

mc101

Quote from: Jimhas7 on March 13, 2020, 10:22:07 PMNice footage. Have you got a complete lap so I can do my homework (Hoping my April trip goes ahead...)  :grin:

My mate went off at the turn before on the second session of the first day. He stayed on but buckled both wheels and it cost him 500 euros to get the wheels sorted out. He didnt get back out until Saturday PM as a result...  :rofl:

It was a good week though, did a PB but still im yet to crack 1.50 though but not too far away now.

Yes the camera is with the bike but I've got a 1.45 on camera I think from memory.

Ended up in the top half dozen riders from 162 attendee's behind three superbike/superstock lads in the top 3 spots so dont feel too bad depsite my advacning years lol.

I doubt you'll get too many people much below 1.50 on a trackday fella so thats a good effort !!

mc101

Quote from: 1-600-matt on March 13, 2020, 11:37:19 PMI did more or less the same thing when I was there last year. Bit more gas through 5 then minor shittage of pants combined with looking at the gravel and went straight on rather than turn right for turn 6. Soon as I was in the curbs I was cursing myself. Stayed on though. Just had to run through the gravel and rejoin at the exit of turn 7!

So easy to do there ... Must not look at the gravel trap !  Hell I nearly followed him by thinking "where the fuck are you going" and almost rode in after him lol.

mc101

Quote from: Maddog on March 16, 2020, 06:17:46 PMRandom question....but......what speed is accurate? The dash or the overlay?

The overlay is pretty acurrate although I' although the sync is a bit out I see - all done by the gopro iphone s/w fwiw.  The dash is out due to the non stock gearing etc.

Data logger is coming back with the bike on MOnday so we can see what the optimal laptime would have been over the 3 days ... will spuff over myself if its sub 43 ;-)

Jimhas7

Quote from: mc101 on March 18, 2020, 10:55:42 AM
Quote from: Jimhas7 on March 13, 2020, 10:22:07 PMNice footage. Have you got a complete lap so I can do my homework (Hoping my April trip goes ahead...)  :grin:

Yes the camera is with the bike but I've got a 1.45 on camera I think from memory.

Ended up in the top half dozen riders from 162 attendee's behind three superbike/superstock lads in the top 3 spots so dont feel too bad depsite my advacning years lol.

I doubt you'll get too many people much below 1.50 on a trackday fella so thats a good effort !!

Not bad for me as it was the first time back in 12 months, I made the top 40... just by the end of the event so I may have made a mobile chicane for you guys in group 4 if id got to do my time quicker earlier in the week. It is probably the only way I would get sub 1.50 being at the bottom of Group 4 and seeing what you guys are doing rather than now being one of the quickest in group 3 on any event.

Would love to see best sectors added together and for sure id expect to see an ideal lap you could be getting. Get that video up if you get a chance, please

My times are all fairly consistent over a session, typically within a second of each lap so pleased to be able to repeat the times so consistently. Need data (Or most likely Broggie which was the plan at the next event) to drag me round further with times at the circuit.

If we get any more track time out there (I have 6 more days hopefully they are honored when the opportunity returns) been

mc101

Quote from: Jimhas7 on March 18, 2020, 07:55:08 PM

Not bad for me as it was the first time back in 12 months, I made the top 40... just by the end of the event so I may have made a mobile chicane for you guys in group 4 if id got to do my time quicker earlier in the week. It is probably the only way I would get sub 1.50 being at the bottom of Group 4 and seeing what you guys are doing rather than now being one of the quickest in group 3 on any event.

Would love to see best sectors added together and for sure id expect to see an ideal lap you could be getting. Get that video up if you get a chance, please

My times are all fairly consistent over a session, typically within a second of each lap so pleased to be able to repeat the times so consistently. Need data (Or most likely Broggie which was the plan at the next event) to drag me round further with times at the circuit.

If we get any more track time out there (I have 6 more days hopefully they are honored when the opportunity returns) been

Steves good - its tought to help folks looking for a second or two ...

get yourself a AIM Solo - you can then take data from elsewhere and compare but as usual the best/safest improvemnts come from being in the right place at the right speed. ;-)

Jimhas7

Steves good - its thought to help folks looking for a second or two ...

Exactly what I need, have you had any time with him? One of the group I have been with and he got to sub 1,50 so sounds promising, lets hope we don't have to wait 12 months before we can even consider it.

Our bikes are still out there on the Bikes on holiday deal...

Andy M

I always had almeria down as a bit of a shitty smallish track but it looks ok from your video

mc101

Quote from: Andy M on April 17, 2020, 07:25:07 PMI always had almeria down as a bit of a shitty smallish track but it looks ok from your video

Nope its large ...a couple of hundred yards shorter than Snetterton 300.

mc101

Quote from: Jimhas7 on March 18, 2020, 07:55:08 PM

Finally got chance to look at the AIM data .... 1.42:383 was the best theoretical ...  I'll take that :-)

Jimhas7

Finally got chance to look at the AIM data .... 1.42:383 was the best theoretical ...  I'll take that :-)
[/quote]

Wow that's dammed fast and impressive. Shows what data logging can do for learning where you are going wrong. Where were you losing the time, in one particular area or at different sections at different times?

I'm itching to get back out as my 6 days are still on hold, ,We missed one planned trip due to the lockdown and plan to go as soon as restriction are eased enough to allow travel abroad with out 14 days isolation..