The Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag'

Started by Lord Danoir the first, July 29, 2013, 04:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Danoir the first

You may remember the Jag I inherited from a client; who's become a dear friend of mine.

He bought this new, his wife chose the colour and when he lost her to cancer, he put the car in storage, not being able to bare to sell it.

Well, I made a start, then put it on ice due to the house renovation, but I've recently found out that the old boy is suffering from cancer himself, so I've decided to have a crack at getting it back roadworthy ASAP so that he can see it.

Anyway, it's booked in for new arches next week, I'll then assess the bodywork and get it up to MOT standard.

A reminder of what it looked like when I collected it and slung some water over it:

And shortly after I'd had my grubby little mitts on it:

Hopefully there will be an update soon.

MOzZereLLa

Great job Dan - I'm sure he'll be chuffed to see it sorted.

Sad news about his health.
Significantly faster than you.....

Kitb4460

Quote from: MOz on July 29, 2013, 05:58:53 PM

What Moz says.
Retired Rozzer and loving it.

PJ

Quote from: Kitb4460 on July 29, 2013, 08:14:02 PM
Quote from: MOz on July 29, 2013, 05:58:53 PM

What Moz says.

+1

if you need an extra pair of hands, to hold shit while you work give me a shout :)

Dom1

That would be ace, make it so Danoir.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

greenmeeny

m6rk

Jonesy

Saw it lurking in the background and thought i'd ask....  :thefinger:

Nat

Rear Admiral Lieutenant General Keller

Lord Danoir the first

Just needs prep and paint now.... And some suspension bushes.

Needs 2-3k throwing at it, they're starting to creep in value to the point it's almost worth doing. It's not rotting away but there's always something more important to spend money on....

LewisBeGoog

Kudos for taking this on chap!

Lord Danoir the first

So the 2-3K turned out to be an absolute FUCK LOAD more.

In the end, I got so sorry seeing it at the back of my garage that I sent it to a restorer who quoted 20K to finish...... not really an option as it would only be worth a quarter of that when finished.

So I came to a deal with a hobby restorer from the north east: he'd do the work and have the option to keep the car, or give me the option to buy it back for the value of the work.

These are the images I've received today of the completed car, and I'm heading up there soon to have a look and see if we can do a deal, but it's unlikely as I've now moved on emotionally.

Anyway...... as well as the house, which took me over 6 years, I though it would be nice to show another project completed, albeit not by my fair hands:

MOzZereLLa

Awesome. I love seeing the work that other talented people produce knowing I'd never be able to do it myself. Looks brilliant.
Significantly faster than you.....

Phil_8

Looks like a stunning resto!

....guy needs to wipe the vaseline off his lens though

DaveH

Looking good, despite the focus.