My lid: to replace, or not to replace?

Started by Johnnyfireblade, July 17, 2013, 10:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarse

Maybe limited to Small size but plenty other XR1100's for £290 on Helmet City

Johnnyfireblade

Quote from: Jarse on July 17, 2013, 02:01:31 PM
What about a reduced XR1100?  I saw a Tommy Hill rep like mine for under £300 the other day.

How far under? ;)

Green_Ninja

Quote from: Jarse on July 17, 2013, 02:01:31 PM
What about a reduced XR1100?  I saw a Tommy Hill rep like mine for under £300 the other day.

good lid at a very good price £249 is what I saw it at, email offer can't remember the supplier though

ash

If you have a shoei shaped haed, you will likely have to stick with them.

I've got a HJC shaped one, and really do rate them after owning 2, and seeing my mate crashing in one

Johnnyfireblade

Quote from: ash on July 17, 2013, 02:45:42 PM
I've got a HJC shaped one, and really do rate them after owning 2, and seeing my mate crashing in one

I've had a couple of HJCs in the past, Ash (a green one when I had my Kwak and a Spider-Man one when I had my first CBR), but they didn't really work for me.

Why can't there be a bike show right about now? ;)

ash

Quote from: Johnnyfireblade on July 17, 2013, 03:47:24 PM
Quote from: ash on July 17, 2013, 02:45:42 PM

I've had a couple of HJCs in the past, Ash (a green one when I had my Kwak and a Spider-Man one when I had my first CBR), but they didn't really work for me.

Why can't there be a bike show right about now? ;)

How about a trip to Swindon....you won't have to pay bike show entry either  http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co.uk/

Johnnyfireblade

Quote from: ash on July 17, 2013, 03:57:08 PMHow about a trip to Swindon....you won't have to pay bike show entry either  http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co.uk/

And we were only in Chippenham / Bath at the weekend!

Johnnyfireblade

I've had a response from Feridax after contacting Shoei.  The bloke said that providing my lid hasn't been dropped or crashed, it should still be fine.  As the lid is a bit loose, he has suggested I look at getting the fit sorted (new pads, probably), but I shouldn't need a new one. :)

Alzo

mc101

Get an ACU license ... massive discounts to racers on production of your license to the importers courtesy of Arai/Shoei etc etc
2015: NLR HT1 Endurance (1st)
2014: ACU National Endurance 1000 (2nd)