Main Menu

2020 steed

Started by MOzZereLLa, March 10, 2020, 11:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy M

I am expecting the update on this to be "got carried away - just bought new 2020 S1000RR"

MOzZereLLa

Ridden by complete losers. Not becoming of me.

Just sold the Superduke in a private sale to another guy from Glasgow (sadly not the one who could improve his credibility with a proper bike rather than an unreliable S1000R in chav max power motorsport colours) so I'm now cash rich for the right deal.

Still got the deposit on the 890R. It's not arrived yet. Wondering if it's the way to go. Lots of reliability issues I'm hearing.
Significantly faster than you.....

Alzo

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on June 27, 2020, 11:06:19 PMRidden by complete losers. Not becoming of me.

Just sold the Superduke in a private sale to another guy from Glasgow (sadly not the one who could improve his credibility with a proper bike rather than an unreliable S1000R in chav max power motorsport colours) so I'm now cash rich for the right deal.

Still got the deposit on the 890R. It's not arrived yet. Wondering if it's the way to go. Lots of reliability issues I'm hearing.
😂

Alzo

You'd be bored of the 890 in days...good reviews...and enough for the road...but.

MOzZereLLa

It's true. You might be right.

I'm worried I've not missed biking during lockdown.

Or have I forgotten how good it is?

I'm in a quandary.

Alzo

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on June 28, 2020, 09:45:40 AMIt's true. You might be right.

I'm worried I've not missed biking during lockdown.

Or have I forgotten how good it is?

I'm in a quandary.
I think we have all lived and continue to live through a horrific time...so it's reasonable that bikes have taken a bit of a back seat...whether you're "not missing it" is a temporary situation only time will tell...it's my intention to hang up my leathers at the end of 2020 and focus more on my love of 4 wheels.

MOzZereLLa

Wow! Really?

The issue I had with that at the time of the accident was nothing four wheeled (I could afford) could replace the "bike thrill" I was after.

I guess the only thing I'd do 4 wheels would be a Tesla Model 3 Performance as that way I'd have something I can commute in cheaply enough that might provide the odd bit of excitement.

Alzo

I'm not looking for 4 wheels to replace the buzz biking gave...more just to move in to a safer phase...I've just remapped the X4 3.0d I have and it's managing to thrill me...just in a different way.

MOzZereLLa

One thing that does appeal is a classic sports car for the whole old man owners club meets. They ain't cheap though.

Lord Danoir the first

I don't enjoy classic car club meets, but I do enjoy the shows.

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about having the newest latest bike. I'm using my RC8 and my roadster and I'll bet they're worth about half the price of a new bike. Add in my MV and it may stretch to 3 quarters!!

Alzo

I've had thoughts of an R9T...or a Harley 1200 Iron sat there for the odd run...and just keep it forever.

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on June 28, 2020, 12:50:16 PMI don't enjoy classic car club meets, but I do enjoy the shows.

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about having the newest latest bike. I'm using my RC8 and my roadster and I'll bet they're worth about half the price of a new bike. Add in my MV and it may stretch to 3 quarters!!

This is also correct. Lockdown pretty much killed off my desire to have more than one bike. Seeing one just sat there not being used was bad enough.

Andy M

I've gone bike free a few times over the years before finding the love again.

I have had spells where in the bike gaps I have plugged cash into nice/fast cars but seem to always come back to more sensible cars and 1 bike in the garage whether its being used or not.

Test the 890, see what you think, there will be a demo somewhere. If you don't go for it but you need a bike sometime to go ride out with dan, mc or whoever there's a r6 here on the wirral you can always borrow.

Lord Danoir the first

Sometimes it's nice to just have something to own and enjoy having knowing that it owes you nothing and you can always sell if/when times get tough.

New bikes on PCP don't give you that, so you feel bad about having all that money tied up in something you rarely use. It dilutes your enjoyment of it, making it less appealing to use.

It's self perpetuating.

MOzZereLLa

Thanks for the offer Andy. I'll come up with something.

No demo 890s. There aren't enough of them. Very limited supply.

I'll decide what to do when the SDR goes. No regrets there. It's the old model now and I'm not losing that much on it after 18 months. Probably less than £800 and it needs tyres and a service. That's a result in my book.