Main Menu

Fairings

Started by Ant, February 27, 2014, 09:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ant

Hi chaps.

Apart from looking on ebay for someone elses smashed up fairings and assuming main dealer would be very expensive, where else might I be able to find replacement fairings?

Kneedownarsedown

Auctmarts from Hong Kong. Whole set of fairings for less than one side panel oe.
Used them 3 times and had no problems. The fits are good.
Kar Lee from performance bikes rates them too.

Ant

What's the import duty like from there?

Ant

I had a look at those, they looked a bit too shiny, didn't look quite right, unless that's just the way they looked from the photo.

Ant

Well I tried an aftermarket front fairing, wasn't very nice, not a very good fit or match for shape, it'll go back.

I guess the genuine one is looking more tempting even at £520, as it'll be right and it'll be painted.

ash

How much damaeg to your existing fairing

Jonesy

Quote from: Ant on March 20, 2014, 07:32:27 AM
Well I tried an aftermarket front fairing, wasn't very nice, not a very good fit or match for shape, it'll go back.

From here?

Quote from: Kneedownarsedown on March 06, 2014, 01:02:04 PM
Auctmarts from Hong Kong. Whole set of fairings for less than one side panel oe.

Ant

Quote from: ash on March 20, 2014, 10:27:29 AM
How much damaeg to your existing fairing

Hmm, well quite well smashed up and I don't have all the pieces.

Ant

Quote from: Jonesy on March 20, 2014, 10:41:29 AM
Quote from: Ant on March 20, 2014, 07:32:27 AM

From here?

Quote from: Kneedownarsedown on March 06, 2014, 01:02:04 PM

It's from a UK distributor, not sure where he gets them from. He's happy to take it back anyway.

I think in the meanwhile, if I don't find a second hand genuine one, I'll pay the £520, know what I'm getting is right and painted, I just don't want to mess around with importing things from HK and having to deal with customs and losing it all if I have to send it back. Unless I know something is genuine, I don't import, I'd find the hassle outweighs spending a bit more.

Kneedownarsedown

I've been through 3 sets with various bikes from auctmart direct. The fairings have been direct fit . I'm not gonna lie the green is a little snot tier and darker than my tank but for the money I'll live with it. Import tax wise I usually get stung for about £25.
Their English is good to deal direct and they are cheaper than using that guy that imports them down in Southampton??