When was the last time you rode a motorbike?

Started by 7550, October 13, 2020, 10:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Possibly the wrong time to start this one.
Bike. Anywhere interesting . Bimble or spirited.  Or just to pop out for an errand ?

Sunday afternoon.
ZRX1200R.
Scottish Borders. Had to do the Beeftub twice.
Spirited at times.

komp

friday
KTM SMT 990
ride to work and lidl on way home

the speed triple has been with dealer since 23rd sept, and looks unlikely i will see again anytime soon :cry:
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Manic636

Not counting the test rides

2 weeks ago
I took the GSXS1000F for a spin in Wales, got a bit of fast fun in, loved it

Dom1

Sunday.

Kids TY80 up and down our road just to see if it still worked.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Green_Ninja

Yesterday morning took it for it's first MOT. before that 2 Charity track days at RAF Shawbury, before that 8 days round Scotishland 1832 miles which started with the Borders run.

terry950sm

Two weeks ago. Getting a bit chilly, so may put the bikes away for the winter.
Growing old gracefully

Alzo

Lord Danoir the first

July I think...... taxed it, MOT'd it, insured it...... rode it to work and ran out of petrol on the way home.

I've tried and tried and tried, and I get absolutely nothing out of road bikes.

Once things settle down, I might send it out to Spain and see if I use it more out there. That's where I do most of my track riding and the roads around where we live are sooooooo nice.

Quote from: komp on October 13, 2020, 10:45:51 AMfriday
KTM SMT 990

the speed triple has been with dealer since 23rd sept, and looks unlikely i will see again anytime soon :cry:

New gearbox ?

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on October 13, 2020, 01:05:40 PMJuly I think...... taxed it, MOT'd it, insured it...... rode it to work and ran out of petrol on the way home.

I've tried and tried and tried, and I get absolutely nothing out of road bikes.

Once things settle down, I might send it out to Spain and see if I use it more out there. That's where I do most of my track riding and the roads around where we live are sooooooo nice.

Plenty good roads in the UK. Shame we don't have the Spanish weather. 

PJ

Rode it to and from the dealers recently, but excluding that, 2600 miles around the French and Swiss Alps in August.

komp

Quote from: GRUMPY on October 13, 2020, 01:16:11 PM
KTM SMT 990

New gearbox ?

that was original plan, that then changed to a repair, now they don't have the parts in stock
i am not a happy bunny
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

DaveH

This morning: commuted on the wee YBR (Fteve) - with it's 1 candle power headlight...

Quote from: komp on October 13, 2020, 02:28:48 PM
Quote from: GRUMPY on October 13, 2020, 01:16:11 PM
KTM SMT 990

New gearbox ?

that was original plan, that then changed to a repair, now they don't have the parts in stock
i am not a happy bunny

No wonder.
No courtesy bike ?
I'd be jumping up and down wanting a new gearbox.
Hope it gets resolved soon. 

Quote from: DaveH on October 13, 2020, 03:09:53 PMThis morning: commuted on the wee YBR (Fteve) - with it's 1 candle power headlight...

You need to sellotape a magnifying glass to the headlight. 😉