DR650 RS for sale

Started by kwakkwak6, December 26, 2013, 08:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwakkwak6

I have to part ways with my DR650 to make room for my new bike , im having to sell this and a track bike to raise the cash.

1991 bike
32484 miles
electric start/ crash bars are rear rack.
since owning her i have done the following
mechanical: Full service checked engine for wear ect exhaust was wrapped because it had no heat shield and i could not find a replacement (not due to rot)
the end cans have started to rot out at the backs so i put some ali sheet over the backs  and they dont look bad. i was going to go the dominator exhaust route but it requires re jetting and looks fugly plus the fix i did works and it passed its MOT like it.
cosmetics:
full nut and bold rebuild. shot blast and powder coat of frame and ancillaries i went a shade darker on the frame and it looks good .
the paints in top shape anyway so just a t cut and polish for that. the screen has gone misty and if i was to keep her i would change it.
bearings replaced when needed and shock was stripped and checked for wear.
front pads are new and back brake has a braided line and works very well, rear caliper was stripped and serviced as it had seized solid.
The steering lock had never worked the bolt is there is just does not come out and one of the mounting posts has snapped, at the time i could not get a top yoke for love or money, but i do have one now and will supply a new barrel for the owner so they can reinstate the lock is wanted.
Bad things
the union tape on bars covers scrape marks in the powder where i t slipped off the stand one day and the bars moved (gutted)
the spokes have gone black over time and if i was to keep her i would respoke the wheels
the mile reset roller was missing when i got it so i replaced it with some ali rrod
the rear indicators are not original due to the old ones rotting inside.

the bikes very very nice. i have done a good job of the rebuild and have put nearly 300 miles on her since to make sure all is good.
i wont take stupid offers on her as i know what she is worth and if it comes to it ill hold off till summer

mot is untill oct next year tax till end of march ..
click on the pics and you can view more including a vid
bikes in leicester but can deliver within reason

£1600 ono