What's the future.

Started by Alzo, November 29, 2019, 08:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alzo

What does the future hold for motorcycles...they are getting very expensive...you can actually run a car cheaper than a modern litre bike...the younger generation are not taking up riding in any great numbers...and as we know the fossil fuel burning engine is under threat...so with all that where do we see bikes heading?

Lord Danoir the first

These current bikes, what they stand for and their very soul will die with our generations........

Then in 100 years, with the fading out of nuclear bikes in lieu if mind driven hover bikes, some middle aged bloke will be asking the same question.

In terms of costs...... ownership will become a thing of the past, everything will be leased and returned.

Thegodfather

I'd like to see myself have an electric bike on track before I hang my leathers up.
But Cadwell park will have to get into this century first 🤣

Alzo

Quote from: Thegodfather on November 30, 2019, 12:08:35 AMI'd like to see myself have an electric bike on track before I hang my leathers up.
But Cadwell park will have to get into this century first 🤣
I don't think I'll ever desire a battery operated bike...for cars and commuting vehicles such as buses or taxis I accept battery power...but two wheels...never.

Lord Danoir the first

I think once the technology really starts to kick in and bike manufacturers are on board, they'll be amazing to ride.

Previously the only real development has been in the technology with no real attempts to integrate with what makes bikes engaging...... once this happens, we're away.

I can't wait!!

Alzo

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on December 02, 2019, 10:39:33 AMI think once the technology really starts to kick in and bike manufacturers are on board, they'll be amazing to ride.

Previously the only real development has been in the technology with no real attempts to integrate with what makes bikes engaging...... once this happens, we're away.

I can't wait!!
Possibly...probably...definetly
...inevitably.

Lord Danoir the first

Very much looking forward to you announcing one of these contraptions to be the new 'keeper' in the not too distant future Al'.

Alzo

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on December 02, 2019, 11:40:45 AMVery much looking forward to you announcing one of these contraptions to be the new 'keeper' in the not too distant future Al'.

Do not hold your breath...I don't want to be responsible for your demise.

Lord Danoir the first

Foo

After having driven a few electric cars, and experienced the acceleration and speed I'm actually looking forward to trying an electric bike.

Manic636

Quote from: Foo on December 05, 2019, 02:08:19 PMAfter having driven a few electric cars, and experienced the acceleration and speed I'm actually looking forward to trying an electric bike.
I do get to use the EV's at work on several occasions and have to say they are very driveable so if we can get to decent range and the new thermal charging battery technology can be approved for super fast recharging times then the bikes should be plenty entertaining. Will miss the noise tho