got a test ride booked

Started by komp, August 09, 2019, 10:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJ

Quote from: komp on September 09, 2019, 04:12:54 PMit comes with something called triumph shift assist, which i found to be shit when i went on test ride
so had a QS installed, only works on up shift... i believe, i haven't actually tried on downshift tbh

Thats odd mate, Triumph Shift Assist IS a quickshifter for the upchange with a blipper for the downchange. Tiger 1200 owner with it rate it highly so I'm surprised you found it shit :(

Alzo

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on September 09, 2019, 03:34:51 PMVery nice. I approve.

Is that the model with the up/down QS??
No model has it as standard...£325 extra supplied and fitted

MOzZereLLa

But an up/down QS is available as (albeit extra) factory fit?

I'd never have a new bike without that now.
Significantly faster than you.....

Alzo

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on September 09, 2019, 09:50:01 PMBut an up/down QS is available as (albeit extra) factory fit?

Dealer fits it if you specify it...as with Heated grips. I agree that QS up and Down is a must...now that I have lived with it...I couldn't be without it.

komp

Quote from: PJ on September 09, 2019, 04:17:34 PM
Quote from: komp on September 09, 2019, 04:12:54 PMit comes with something called triumph shift assist, which i found to be shit when i went on test ride
so had a QS installed, only works on up shift... i believe, i haven't actually tried on downshift tbh

Thats odd mate, Triumph Shift Assist IS a quickshifter for the upchange with a blipper for the downchange. Tiger 1200 owner with it rate it highly so I'm surprised you found it shit :(

it didn't work like any quick shifter i ever used before, it would on occasion change without the clutch, but not very often.
the fact they still sell one as an option suggests that even triumph know its not a true QS

Quote from: Alzo on September 10, 2019, 06:57:55 AM
Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on September 09, 2019, 09:50:01 PMBut an up/down QS is available as (albeit extra) factory fit?

Dealer fits it if you specify it...as with Heated grips. I agree that QS up and Down is a must...now that I have lived with it...I couldn't be without it.

i found it very surprising that a bike of this spec came without one as standard
it is a necessity on a bike like this, hence why i had it fitted by the dealer before i collected
i did have a play with on ride to work this morning and does appear to be up and down.. bonus
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

PJ

The odd indeed, the Tiger 1200 XRT has shift assist as standard and I know for a fact is a QS with auto blipper but perhaps they haven't carried that properly over to the Speed, which is a real shame and possibly a bad move by Triumph!

Jarse

Very nice Komp. Enjoy many safe miles 😎🏍

Alzo

Most dealers put the QS and Heated grips on as part of the negotiations...I know both Glasgow and Edinburgh agreed to do FOC when I took a notion.