Main Menu

Sat Nav

Started by Manic636, April 18, 2016, 07:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manic636

OK peeps, as I'm spending time considering this I thought I'd throw it out to a lovely bunch of people for help...  Currently using an iPhone 4 on the bike running sat nav and media but frustrating thing is that even touch enabled gloves aren't working through the waterproof case and it's bugging me..keep looking at sat nav units and it seems both Garmin and Tom Tom have a few issues in current models so my alternative is to upgrade to an iPhone 6s to act as both phone and sat nav but I'll still have the glove issue to cope with unless someone has experience with a waterproof case that works with gloves..

Any thoughts and experience appreciated and I reserve the right to be abusive if I don't like the replies 😉😉

Carbon_ZX6R

My tom tom rider has always been brilliant even with full on gauntlets on never had a problem with touch, I'd seriously reccomend one
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Alzo

Tom Tom bought...haven't used it yet...but great reviews.

Manic636

Quote from: Alzo on April 18, 2016, 08:48:07 PM

Which one did you buy?

PJ

Assuming the touch enabled gloves are correct and working, then an Interphone case should work. I have bought one recently for my iPhone 6S Plus as I can't really afford to splurge for a TomTom Rider as much as I'd like one.

Works fine with my fingers so I would hope it would work with gloves that allow touch screen access.

The case is IP64 rated. A TomTom is a much better long term investment though.

Manic636

Quote from: PJ on April 18, 2016, 08:55:28 PM
Assuming the touch enabled gloves are correct and working, then an Interphone case should work. I have bought one recently for my iPhone 6S Plus as I can't really afford to splurge for a TomTom Rider as much as I'd like one

I'm using an ultimate add ons tough case at the mo which works fine with fingers but very very intermittently with my gloves, gloves work fine with the phone when it's not in the case.. I may try to sample other cases with my gloves on just in case (no pun intended)

PJ

Haha J&S sell the Interphone cases but I had to order mine but might be worth a look

Alzo

Quote from: Manic636 on April 18, 2016, 08:49:28 PM

Which one did you buy?
400 Premium...Tucker and Steve bought it for me atvthe Gadget Show...we've all got them.

Manic636

Quote from: Alzo on April 18, 2016, 09:21:57 PM

Which one did you buy?
400 Premium...Tucker and Steve bought it for me atvthe Gadget Show...we've all got them.

It's the Panzer club badge init  ;)

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: Manic636 on April 18, 2016, 09:25:44 PM

Which one did you buy?

I only have the lowly V5....
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Alzo

Quote from: Manic636 on April 18, 2016, 09:25:44 PM

Which one did you buy?

Aye

Jarse

Do you guys have an issue with the 400 wanting to shut down as the bike settles to idle?

Mine never actually shuts down but the countdown starts and then stops.  I've not looked at the settings yet mind.

It is hard wired into the bike.

Alzo

Still in the box...won't be getting put on until Austria.

alienmunkee

I have the zūmo® 590LM, clamped it to the mirror arm on my 6R worked really well. Didn't have to move head to see picture. Only issue I have now, is where to put it on my 10R.

Fully recommend it though... :azn:
2015 ZX-10R

Manic636

I like the winding roads feature on Tom Tom plus the twisty roads on Garmin 390 and TBH co pilot on the iPhone finds some great roads, the mount on the Tom Tom looks neat..but am I right in thinking the 400 does not support media playback?