S1000rr Dyno results

Started by Thegodfather, November 14, 2019, 06:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thegodfather

Had the full system fitted and mapped on the gen 4 at Dave Woods Racing.
Not too shabby, going back in February fresh from track day to fettle some more.
Engine was tight having only done 350 miles, where he said it should be over 200bhp when I go back.
[/url]mg.cc/G4j53vvh/Dyno-run-01.jpg[/img][/url][/img]

terry950sm

Growing old gracefully

MOzZereLLa

I got over 204bhp from my 2012 S1RR within a few hundred miles past first service with a full system and PCV.

I'd be surprised if you don't get >200....

I can't see the attachment clearly on my phone. What did it make this time?
Significantly faster than you.....

Thegodfather

It went from 197.1 to 198.5 and 87.7 to 90.5 on the torque.

I'm not a BHP fiend so not worried about that, that's all subjective anyway.
Just interested in getting the fueling right, which is pretty much spot on.

MOzZereLLa

My fuelling was spot on.

For a 2019 model that seems very low.

Alzo

Standard bikes were pulling 207bhp on early Dyno runs...seems strange you are getting less

Quote from: Alzo on November 15, 2019, 11:12:54 AMStandard bikes were pulling 207bhp on early Dyno runs...seems strange you are getting less

Some dynos are more generous than others. And other variables to take in to account too. Air temperature etc.

Thegodfather

As above. Plus he was pushed for time so only concentrated smoothing the lower end out. I'm sure that small top end gain was just literally adding the system.

Maddog

Yeah DWR's dyno reads pretty truthful unlike a few that Ive seen results from. Does the bottom end feel better now?

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Maddog on November 15, 2019, 05:50:27 PMYeah DWR's dyno reads pretty truthful unlike a few that Ive seen results from. Does the bottom end feel better now?
m
That's good to know to because he did my S1000RR on it

Alzo

Quote from: GRUMPY on November 15, 2019, 11:53:29 AM
Quote from: Alzo on November 15, 2019, 11:12:54 AMStandard bikes were pulling 207bhp on early Dyno runs...seems strange you are getting less

Some dynos are more generous than others. And other variables to take in to account too. Air temperature etc.

Yip...some under read too. 😊

Thegodfather

Quote from: Maddog on November 15, 2019, 05:50:27 PMYeah DWR's dyno reads pretty truthful unlike a few that Ive seen results from. Does the bottom end feel better now?
I can't honestly say. The bike was limited to 9k revs. I took it for its first service and got it un locked, then straight to the Dyno.

Maddog

Dave Wood Racing dyno is within 1 BHP of the BSB dyno

MOzZereLLa

How accurate is the BSB Dyno?

Maddog

I'd presume pretty accurate? I've no idea.