Iphone to Android

Started by Maddog, November 07, 2018, 07:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David W

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on November 11, 2018, 09:25:33 AM
Military grade software is never a bad thing 😊

The head of Huawei is an actual Chinese Army General.

Kitb4460

Quote from: David W on November 11, 2018, 01:26:35 PM

Nice second job :rofl:
Retired Rozzer and loving it.

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: David W on November 11, 2018, 01:26:35 PM

If that's not a piss take , that's genuinely a cause for concern that I could understand....
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

David W

Quote:

Ren's ties with the Chinese military and Communist Party have being cited by the Indian government as a security concern in not allowing Huawei to win certain contracts in India.[9][10] These fears are shared by other countries. In the United States it led to the collapse of Huawei's efforts to buy 3Com and forced SoftBank to greatly sever ties with Huawei in order to have its takeover of Sprint Nextel acquire US national-security clearance, while in the United Kingdom the Intelligence and Security Committee has recommended the removal of Huawei's equipment due to spying fears.

Maddog

Glad i went for Oneplus then :)

Carbon_ZX6R

O shizzle....  Yeah ok granted it's probably all smoke , but I can understand it but at the same time.im.sure people have torn the code apart like they do with everything else so if something untoward was happening , it would be known to the public
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Raydial

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on November 11, 2018, 11:39:49 AM
They are all made in China but it's the ones that use OS designed in China too I wouldn't go near.
It's not just the software you need to be worried about. Hardware can be compromised too.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-10-04/the-big-hack-how-china-used-a-tiny-chip-to-infiltrate-america-s-top-companies

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: Raydial on November 12, 2018, 08:02:05 AM
They are all made in China but it's the ones that use OS designed in China too I wouldn't go near.
It's not just the software you need to be worried about. Hardware can be compromised too.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-10-04/the-big-hack-how-china-used-a-tiny-chip-to-infiltrate-america-s-top-companies
I did hear about that...
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

DaveH

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on November 12, 2018, 09:23:33 AM
Quote from: Raydial on November 12, 2018, 08:02:05 AM
I did hear about that...
Although, don't think that that report has been substantiated, other than being theoretically possible, pls would be more feasible to fit a custom professor in place of an existing one as not sure the technology is available to put the necessary processing power and memory into a package as small as that alleged in the article.

David W

Custom silicon isn't Huawei's thing.  The buy merchant quality stuff, then pretty much rip other people's software, modify as necessary, and add their own bits.

Cisco actually wrote fake code into their IOS system because they suspected Huawei of doing that, and the same fake code appeared in a later Huawei update.  Cisco used it as evidence to sue them but Huawei and Chinese Govt just told them to fuck off basically...

Raydial

Quote from: David W on November 13, 2018, 11:23:46 AMCisco used it as evidence to sue them but Huawei and Chinese Govt just told them to fuck off basically...
They tell car manufacturers to fuck off too. These are so blatant they're not even trying to hide the fact.  :rofl:
http://www.mycarconnector.com/20-shameless-chinese-knockoff-cars-that-are-basically-carbon-copies-of-the-originals/

Kitb4460

Quote from: Raydial on November 13, 2018, 12:32:41 PM
Quote from: David W on November 13, 2018, 11:23:46 AMCisco used it as evidence to sue them but Huawei and Chinese Govt just told them to fuck off basically...
They tell car manufacturers to fuck off too. These are so blatant they're not even trying to hide the fact.  :rofl:
http://www.mycarconnector.com/20-shameless-chinese-knockoff-cars-that-are-basically-carbon-copies-of-the-originals/

Some crackers  :rofl:
Retired Rozzer and loving it.

Carbon_ZX6R

imagine the poor quality of life we would actually have if china suddenly didn't exist....
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Raydial

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on November 13, 2018, 03:02:41 PM
imagine the poor quality of life we would actually have if china suddenly didn't exist....

Carbon_ZX6R

^^^^ that has just made my day
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods