Can’t decide

Started by MOzZereLLa, July 08, 2020, 06:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy M

😂 forgot about your love of ohlins alzo

its got black brembo's (prob same spec as the latest gsxr 1000), quickshifter and a ohlins shock is about £250 on ebay if my fat arse pushes this one beyond its limits. I think i'll be ok.

komp

not sure if R suffers from same issues as the RS, but ensure bike has had the QS recall, and watch out for false neutrals between 4-5th
my bike is due to be collected for gearbox rebuild/replacement as it has chewed itself to bits!
common problem apparently!

KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Andy M

In interests of actually posting something bike worthy on here....

got the bike, all is well. Ridiculously easy to ride to the point where I even commuted on it into Liverpool this morning.

abs and the bpf took a little getting used to on hard breaking coming to a complete stop. I might look to change out the brake pads as a test but on the whole very happy.

Also glad i went for the R model

Alzo

Good that you're enjoying the bike...too much "this bike is better than that bike" comments in the world...the best bike is the one that "you" want and enjoy.

Green_Ninja

Quote from: komp on September 18, 2020, 09:43:44 AMnot sure if R suffers from same issues as the RS, but ensure bike has had the QS recall, and watch out for false neutrals between 4-5th
my bike is due to be collected for gearbox rebuild/replacement as it has chewed itself to bits!

isn't this a Speed RS not a Street RS issue?

komp

Quote from: Green_Ninja on September 21, 2020, 03:35:11 PM
Quote from: komp on September 18, 2020, 09:43:44 AMnot sure if R suffers from same issues as the RS, but ensure bike has had the QS recall, and watch out for false neutrals between 4-5th

yes, i had missed that andy was talking about a street, then saw pictures and realized my mistake.... and just hoped no-one had noticed   :embarrassed:  :tongue:
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

MOzZereLLa

Not with the exhaust down there it isn't. You should know that!!!

It might be down there next year though.
Significantly faster than you.....

Green_Ninja

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on September 22, 2020, 10:25:35 PM

Not with the exhaust down there it isn't. You should know that!!!

It might be down there next year though.

Oh I do it would appear Komp didn't ;)