Main Menu

Track bike

Started by Lord Danoir the first, November 20, 2018, 08:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: David W on November 23, 2018, 09:06:06 AM
Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on November 23, 2018, 08:18:56 AM
Offer accepted on a Spanish Villa and since we viewed last week, the pound has shat enough to cost us around 3-4K so currently track bike budget is in flux.

You won't be allowed to visit it after March 29th anyway...

I have a cunning plan:

HOLA SENOR!!!! ethethethethethethe....... Crissy Waddle

Dom1

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on November 23, 2018, 09:24:51 AM

I have a cunning plan:

That's more than the current government or the opposition.

Dan for Supreme Leader anyone?
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

MOzZereLLa

The opposition are closing in on a second referendum - could be a genius move.
Significantly faster than you.....

Jimhas7

Quote from: LewisBeGoog on November 23, 2018, 09:19:58 AM
Rc8r sounds like a great halfway house. Unusual enough to feel special without being so rare it's a liability.

Made of cheese... some one I know has one.. it got knocked off its stand by a car parking next to it and fell to bits  :rofl:

They are a great bike though id go for one to tick the box of having had one  :thumbsup:

Lord Danoir the first

Sounds like it might not have been bolted together correctly, I'm impressed with the build quality.

Am now wondering if I'm defeating my own objective...... getting something I like so much I'm  scared of damaging it.....

David W

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on November 24, 2018, 12:11:31 PM
Am now wondering if I'm defeating my own objective...... getting something I like so much I'm  scared of damaging it.....

I wouldn't worry about that.  People with the 'doesn't matter if I crash it' attitude to track days can fuck right off and keep out of my way.  Mainly because I don't want to upset the track staff having to discover their corpse in a half empty oil drum behind the paddock....

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: David W on November 24, 2018, 12:28:32 PM
Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on November 24, 2018, 12:11:31 PM

I wouldn't worry about that.  People with the 'doesn't matter if I crash it' attitude to track days can fuck right off and keep out of my way.  Mainly because I don't want to upset the track staff having to discover their corpse in a half empty oil drum behind the paddock....

What big Dave said. Cunts need a bit more respect for others.

Lord Danoir the first

There are a few really sorted looking ZX10's for around and slightly above my budget. If I had the spare cash now I'd give this a serious looky loo:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-ZX10R-Race-Track-Bike/183539195771?hash=item2abbc9df7b:g:dpcAAOSwHOZb7tlo

Hopefully in the new year I'll be able to sort something. I don't want to use my KTM again.

Maddog

Slight hijack....but are the RC8R's that good? I thought they were down on power and had lower speed fueling issues?

MOzZereLLa

How much power do you want? I think my RC8R was about 150-160 BHP but the handling and ergonomics more than made up for it.

I fitted mine with the Akky super stock twin pipe full system and had the Power Commander and quickshifter fitted and it was sublime. Sorted the fuelling perfectly.

I traded it for the 2012 S1000RR and wished I hadn't. The Beemer was a soulless missile.

If I could afford one I'd have another 2010 R model in a heartbeat

MOzZereLLa

You need to be a member of the group to see the post Tel

Lord Danoir the first

Well, cash reserves pretty much depleted to zero following an eye watering deposit sent to a Spanish lawyer......... hopefully things don't go tits up our end or we lose it........ mind you, if the vendor pulls the plug, they owe us 3x the amount.

I may end up selling a bike to fund a track bike...... no hardship but it'll certainly have to wait until the new year

Raydial

Good luck with the Spanish purchase!

Lord Danoir the first

This little tinker is an option........ not officially up for sale yet and right at the top end of my budget, but I've got a bit of time to get my ducks in a row.

In the meantime, please Theresa...... stop fucking up the pound!!!! lass is costing me a fortune.