FZ8 upgrades. small update... 03/08

Started by Farmer Giles, November 09, 2013, 10:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom1

Will they not just show you a fine view of your own wrist?
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Green_Ninja

Quote from: Dom1 on November 18, 2013, 10:39:54 AM
Will they not just show you a fine view of your own wrist?

not if they are mounted below the bars, I have seen that done but not tried it.

Coxy

Looks bloody sweet that FG, bloody sweet, good work.

Phil_8

Quote from: CBr6y on November 17, 2013, 04:56:01 PM

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350827023835?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Ha! That's exactly what I got a couple of weeks ago for my bike (see thread below this) Haven't fitted them yet though as I am still missing forks, but, they are surprisingly good quality!

Farmer Giles

Quote from: Coxy on November 18, 2013, 12:34:34 PM
Looks bloody sweet that FG, bloody sweet, good work.

thanks..

Quote from: Phil_8 on November 18, 2013, 01:38:42 PM

Ha! That's exactly what I got a couple of weeks ago for my bike (see thread below this) Haven't fitted them yet though as I am still missing forks, but, they are surprisingly good quality!

will be good to see them fitted...

Farmer Giles

finally done the last few bits for now.. 

exhaust hanger fitted, still not 100% happy as I had to use the spacer from the OE fitment to make it work but doesn't look to bad and also the black shorty levers fitted..

pretty much it for now I think, just riding it when I can now, with the DB killer out it's V loud and pops and bang on the over run like a goodun.. 

not the best pics but there you go..

Next upgrade will probably be a pair of Road 3's in the spring..

MOzZereLLa

Nothing more satisfying than an explosive overrun.
Significantly faster than you.....

Farmer Giles

yeah, it's great for annoying cagers once they've been dispatched..   :evil:

not sure if it's actually spitting flames as I haven't ridden in the dark yet...  I do hope so though...   :cool:

FlambĂ©ed lambda senor anyone..   :shocked:   :rofl:

Farmer Giles

Thought I post a bit of an update on this old bus as a few more things have been done since..

Bars and Filler cap have been sprayed black.

The horrid OE rubber pegs have been replaced with some Chinese billet alloy pegs..  also turned the rubber, peg mounting washers round to make the whole fitting much more solid..  A massive improvement in feeling on the bike and hardly any increase in vibes on my feet so win win...

I have geared it down -1 on the front and +2 on the back and with the addition of a PCIII and custom map courtesy of DWR in Aylesbury have combined to make it very entertaining to ride..   :moto:

Have also fitted a rear shock off of a 2013 model that has some rebound damping so whilst still not perfect it's a vast improvement on the non-adjustable 5yo 'pogo shock' I removed..  Also has 10wt oil in the forks to firm them up a bit and I have dropped the yolks 5mm down the fork legs to put a little more weight over the front end. It almost feels like riding a motorbike now instead of a bucking bronco   :rofl:

Couple of more recent pictures but still showing old pegs..  Not much different to before externally I suppose.. 

Only thing I dont have a pic of is the end can. It's the same one but I have removed the exhaust hanger... It was really bugging me that I had to retain the spacer from the OE fitting to make the R&G hanger work. I was going to get another, bespoke hanger made but when I took the R&G one off to measure it up I quite liked the look without and since it's a tiny can with barely any weight and the headers are fixed to the bike just in front of where the link pipe is attached it's all completely solid with no movement at all. Since there is no hanger now to line up I've also been able to set the can a little closer to the swing arm so it just all looks much neater IMO...

At this point I can't think of anything else I'd like to do to it..  Dare I say finished this time ?? 

I'm sure something else shiny will come along soon to temp me... 

enjoy