Can’t decide

Started by MOzZereLLa, July 08, 2020, 06:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alzo

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on July 10, 2020, 10:03:28 AMDid you ride it yesterday?

ZH2expensive....
I did...and put looks to one side...it's phenomenal...and I mean that sincerely...

MOzZereLLa

How much are they?

They don't factor highly in the super naked group tests I've seen.
Significantly faster than you.....

Alzo

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on July 10, 2020, 12:42:19 PMHow much are they?

They don't factor highly in the super naked group tests I've seen.
£15k.
As for the group tests...please ride one...and come back to me...because I think the group tests I have seen are talking bollocks...they must be issued scripts...what I rode yesterday was breathtakingly fast...refined...comfortable...and I came away grateful at the opportunity...Kawasaki have made a truly fantastic bike...I like to think my 40 years plus gives me some credentials...others may think not...but for what it's worth it's the most accomplished bike I've ridden.

MOzZereLLa

I'm sure it's awesome. LCR YouTube review was positive from a road bike point of view. My local Kawasaki dealer is miles away. It's a shame as I'd like to try one.

Another nail is I can't afford one.

Alzo

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on July 10, 2020, 04:37:50 PMI'm sure it's awesome. LCR YouTube review was positive from a road bike point of view. My local Kawasaki dealer is miles away. It's a shame as I'd like to try one.

Another nail is I can't afford one.
Yip...it's a Road bike...horses for courses...none of us need a track focused missile...unless we're going on track. 😊

Andy M

Depends on usage for me, once every few weeks just for a blast - ktm. More - street.

I'd go street personally if there's a deal as suspect it'll feel less bland than the old ones.

Wasn't there a 44 teeth vid on this comparison?

MOzZereLLa

Watched the 44 teeth comparison. They said KTM the one to have but Triumph still awesome.

It's going to be the Triumph I think. I've read of other KTM failures and curiously, a batch of bikes Dyno tested by a euro tuning company has found the newer bikes are only putting out 97bhp as opposed to 112-115bhp of the earlier ones. Rumour has it KTM have detuned the engines in an attempt to gain a bit more reliability.

David W

As long as you accept KTM will be punting them out £2000 cheaper in a few months time!
Bit less common than the Triumph if that sort of thing matters?

MOzZereLLa

Triumph wins. Deposit placed yesterday. Managed to get a grey one (refuse to call it silver like Triumph do) at the pre 01 Jul price rise rate so saved another £200. Negotiated £500 off.

Happy.

Jarse

Alzo

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on July 12, 2020, 09:56:08 AMTriumph wins. Deposit placed yesterday. Managed to get a grey one (refuse to call it silver like Triumph do) at the pre 01 Jul price rise rate so saved another £200. Negotiated £500 off.

Happy.
Good choice

Nice one. Good choice. When do you collect ?

Andy M

Good stuff, where did you get it from?

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: GRUMPY on July 12, 2020, 02:05:46 PMNice one. Good choice. When do you collect ?

Next Saturday (forecast looks good). It will be the first time a I've ridden a bike this year.

Quote from: Andy M on July 13, 2020, 08:59:05 AMGood stuff, where did you get it from?

Woods in Abergele

terry950sm

Growing old gracefully