Main Menu

Project bike bits

Started by captain sensible, October 01, 2017, 06:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain sensible

I'm in the process of turning a cd200 into a track bike and I'm currently missing some bits. I'm not after model specific parts I'm looking for bits that people have lying around that I could buy to use on the project.
Now with 100% more sarcasm.

Raydial

A CD200? For the track? It's one of these, right? For real?  :shocked:

Dom1

I am struggling with this concept.

Got some brake lines from a ZX6R lying about you can have but not sure what good they will do your drum brakes.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Green_Ninja

Quote from: captain sensible on October 01, 2017, 06:52:48 PM
I'm in the process of turning a cd200 into a track bike and I'm currently missing some bits. I'm not after model specific parts I'm looking for bits that people have lying around that I could buy to use on the project.

CD200  for a track bike  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

captain sensible

Yes I'm being serious.

My original plan was to have a bike that I could go to a track day, run around for a laugh and generally mess about with. This being built by me and my kids, in the vague hope that it might actually interest/teach them some skills along the way.

My local track is castle Combe who sadly won't let you run a bike with less than a 250cc engine, so I'll be looking to swap the engine out at a later date.

So yes I'm being serious, I like the idea of turning up and having a laugh.

Now with 100% more sarcasm.

Dom1

Buy an MZ ex-race series bike, that would tick the boxes.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP