Project Peej - Yamaha R46

Started by PJ, August 16, 2014, 08:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom1

Plenty of time yet, we're more than a month away.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Millhouse

Quote from: PJ on August 22, 2014, 05:09:06 PM
Quote from: Dom1 on August 22, 2014, 01:40:27 PM
That looks like it needs to come to Brands Hatch on the 25th September.

Erm erm erm, haven't even got it to a point I can ride it yet, gimme a chance!

Then pull your big blue finger out!!
Life is a contact sport,  you'll be needing rule #5

PJ

Tada!

Needs more work sadly, but at least it looks like a proper bike now!

Grantham ninja

Carbon_ZX6R

coming along nicely that peej ,how much did the bike it self set you back?
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

PJ

£1400 mate, which considering the overall mechanical state of the bike I thought was a bargain. I was lucky that only one panel needed to be physically replaced in terms of cost.

1-600-matt

Quote from: PJ on August 24, 2014, 12:29:19 PM
£1400

Bargain, more than good enough condition for a weekend/trackday toy. Good work.

PJ

Quote from: 1-600-matt on August 24, 2014, 03:48:42 PM
£1400

Bargain, more than good enough condition for a weekend/trackday toy. Good work.
Indeed mate, just been looking through the service book, it's got 5 stamps and is completely up to date. In fact it had a service 150 miles before the accident it had.

andy dutton

it will be ready for 15th Oct at Oulton then mate - 90 quid NL!!

Carbon_ZX6R

£1400 mate, which considering the overall mechanical state of the bike I thought was a bargain. I was lucky that only one panel needed to be physically replaced in terms of cost.
fuuuuuuuuuuckk I knew you got the thing cheap but I didn't expect anything like that, bargain of the year providing your correct in thinking the forks etc are fine..
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Farmer Giles

Already mentioned but I would be getting the forks and frame checked over before riding it at all let alone going on the track with it where you'll be putting more stress on the bike..

It's damaged on boths side so could have hit something hard and flicked it over..

Anyoning to strip it down again but needs to be done IMO for peace of mind..

2p

PJ

Quote from: Farmer Giles on August 26, 2014, 01:44:16 PM
Already mentioned but I would be getting the forks and frame checked over before riding it at all let alone going on the track with it where you'll be putting more stress on the bike..

It's damaged on boths side so could have hit something hard and flicked it over..

Anyoning to strip it down again but needs to be done IMO for peace of mind..

2p

I know mate, frame has been checked properly, no signs of cracks or dents and head stock rake etc is all fine. Forks have been take out by me and checked thoroughly and seals are fine with no obvious bends etc.

PJ

Ok, so the clipon has finally arrived but I have a little quandry, but I'm sure it's quite a common one. Reattaching the throttle cables to the throttle tube is proving difficult due to there not being enough slack to get the ends in and seated. Is there a trick to slackening it off without having to spend hours fiddling to get it adjusted right again?

0luke0

Slide the clip-on through before you mount it to the fork, ie while you have the top yoke off

PJ

Managed to get enough slack to get the throttle tube back on. Bike is more or less back in one piece, list of jobs to do now :

Sort out front brake line routing
Bleed front brakes
Fit Renthal grips
Fix LHS front indicator
Replace RHS rearset mounting plate
Tighten and check everything

Took it 100 yards up the road last night just using the rear brake at slow speed. Seems fine and runs lovely. Contacted MHP about getting the Termi can fixed and he quoted me £80 - £100 for it. Ended up buying an Akky can off M6rk but the link pipe diameter is different and they all seem extortionate on eBay.

Akky and Termi have been stuck on eBay and I managed to nab myself a VERY good condition replacement Termignoni can, with baffle, link pipe and springs for £88 delivered so that was a good purchase.