Main Menu

ZX6RG1

Started by Roppa6r, December 29, 2019, 09:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roppa6r

Anyone done or knows how hard it would be to convert a zx6r carb model to fuel injection

Alzo

No idea...but sounds a lot of work and potential problems.
Manufacturers have spent a lot of time getting fuel injection to feel like carbs...so it begs me to ask the questions why and what you think you'd gain.???

Lord Danoir the first

Theoretically once you've got the correct throttle bodies, it's mainly wiring loom and ECU and then setting it all up.

It would almost certainly be more cost effective to sell the carb'd 6 and buy a newer injected 600, unless you're doing it for shits n giggles, but I'm not sure it's even that interesting a project.

You'd gain nowt though.

If you decide to see it through, please keep us posted.

Roppa6r

Thanks for the info. Mainly just asking out of interest and I've removed to the fairings to street fighter the bike and just having a few problems with the ram air. Just asking for elimination purposes mainly. Cheer anyway.

R1ch

Quote from: Roppa6r on January 04, 2020, 05:26:48 PMThanks for the info. Mainly just asking out of interest and I've removed to the fairings to street fighter the bike and just having a few problems with the ram air. Just asking for elimination purposes mainly. Cheer anyway.
not reving above 8000rpm when riding ?
have you still got the kleen air system installed ?

Roppa6r

TBH due to circumstances I haven't touched it for over a year. I want to get it sorted now though. From memory It was revving to around 6k and then bogging down. I also had some fuelling issues with the carbs after it was jetted due to black widow exhaust following advice from not guy. I need to get a new battery and start again. Tgrpd question about fuel injection was basically just to confirm what I already suspected. I would like some advice on the ram air when I start to mess about with it however. First question for now though is which part of the intake is the clean air system.

David W

The Ramair on those didn't do much anyway so I wouldn't worry about it. It won't be what is causing the problems.

R1ch

https://www.therevcounter.co.uk/threads/21097-Engine-won-t-rev-over-6000-rpm-First-thoughts

QuoteOn the top of the carbs, there are 2 small pipes which run off into the Ram Air and air vacumb sysem. One of the pipes wasnt seated properly.

I was amazed that a 8mm air pipe would cause such a significent problem but it did.. I just re-attatched the pipe and it was fine..