2001 ZX12R Battery

Started by Wallace12R, July 03, 2015, 09:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wallace12R

As I've had the luxury of working from home for the last 5 years and haven't ridden the bike for that long either, I'm looking at possibly recommissioning the Ninja for commuting purposes once again.

What batteries can you recommend that aren't going to cost a small fortune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green_Ninja

Can't go wrong with Varta or Yuasa

Carbon_ZX6R

what battery does it use? ytx bs*** etc etc?
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Wallace12R

Quote from: Green_Ninja on July 03, 2015, 09:47:45 AM
Can't go wrong with Varta or Yuasa

Thanks Ian, I've not really taking much interest in bikes over the last 5 years other than watching the racing so I'm starting to feel like a complete novice again. I'm sure there will be plenty of other questions about how to bring the bike back to life.

Carbon_ZX6R

get one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Powerline-Nano-Gel-Upgrade-Battery-KAWASAKI-ZX-12-R-Ninja-00-07-YTX14-BS-/251437709432?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a8adaf878

ive used them for years and they hold there charge a dam sight better than some much more expensive battery's I've had

you wont have a problem with them
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Wallace12R

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on July 03, 2015, 10:01:14 AM
get one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Powerline-Nano-Gel-Upgrade-Battery-KAWASAKI-ZX-12-R-Ninja-00-07-YTX14-BS-/251437709432?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a8adaf878

ive used them for years and they hold there charge a dam sight better than some much more expensive battery's I've had

I did have a quick look at those but they seemed to cheap to me, I seem to remember a battery for the 12 being somewhere in the region of £80-£90.

Carbon_ZX6R

Quote from: Wallace12R on July 03, 2015, 10:05:24 AM

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on July 03, 2015, 10:01:14 AM

I did have a quick look at those but they seemed to cheap to me, I seem to remember a battery for the 12 being somewhere in the region of £80-£90.

honestly don't be put off by the price the build quality is brilliant and I use various models of that brand in different bikes and have never had so much as a discharged battery , had one in a cbr 125 and it still started after being stood for 12 months....
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Dom1

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Jonesy

PJ

Carbon_ZX6R

if the one I posted caused a problem id happily reimburse you that's how much I rate them!
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Jonesy

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on July 03, 2015, 04:11:32 PM
if the one I posted caused a problem id happily reimburse you that's how much I rate them!

You don't half talk some bollocks! As if you'd give him any money back!

Carbon_ZX6R

If I recommended something to someone and they got it on my say so yes I would , I wouldn't have someone out of pocket because of me , not for that amount anyway
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Tiiimmmaaayyyy

Quote from: Jonesy on July 03, 2015, 10:08:17 PM
Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on July 03, 2015, 04:11:32 PM

You don't half talk some bollocks! As if you'd give him any money back!

Have you just worked that out!  :rofl:

Wallace12R

Quote from: Jonesy on July 03, 2015, 10:35:54 AM
:afro:

Welcome back WALLY!

Alright Mark, it's been a while mate I hope all is fine and dandy with you?

Carbon, I'll hold you to that lol

Thanks for the recommendations people.