Anyone got a Sony Xperia Z3?

Started by MOzZereLLa, January 07, 2015, 05:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOzZereLLa

Mrs MOz recently got rid of her iPhone on upgrade and now regularly swears at a Samsung Galaxy Alpha. She's getting use to it but I'm still not 100% sold on android or Windows shite yet but wonder if there might be life after iphone.

The one that does appeal is the Xperia Z3 due to the Piss4 remote play option.

Anyone got a Z3 and is it and good? Also, any Apple fanboys moved across to an Android device and is it the disaster I'd imagine?
Significantly faster than you.....

Carbon_ZX6R

I had a z3 compact before I went to my current nokia Lumia , couldn't really fault the phone good little bit of kit bloody fragile though
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Got a Z3 compact. No problems so far. Good battery life for a smartphone, and waterproof too. And it's never twisted, like my sons iPhone.  :rofl:

Green_Ninja

My son has one, loves it, well built, waterproof, ace screen etc etc he can't fault it and like most 'youngsters' nowadays he tried them all (apart from the piephone).

636steve

I have one, best phone I've ever had. Always had htc as never got on with the samsung implementation of android. Fancied a change so chanced the sony, I now prefer it to the htc interface now I have got used to it.

Battery life lasts me at least 2 days before recharge and have had 3 days out of it on low usage days.

Build quality seems good, was a bit concerned about the all glass body so have it in a cheap clear case off ebay.

I have always had android phones though so don't know that if you are used to using the apple software you would get on with it.

Nat

Quote from: 636steve on January 07, 2015, 08:09:11 PM
I have one, best phone I've ever had. Always had htc as never got on with the samsung implementation of android. Fancied a change so chanced the sony, I now prefer it to the htc interface
now I have got used to it.

That's good to know Steve - I liked HTC but moved over to Galaxy S4 to keep up to date, and I absolutely hate it!  Might try Sony :)
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General Keller

Chrispy

Another Z3 Compact convert from HTC here. Best phone I've ever had.

MOzZereLLa

From what I've seen of Mrs MOz's Galaxy Alpha it really is the biggest piece of shit ever.

No way am I going to downgrade from Apple to Android.  She regrets it big time.

Carbon_ZX6R

Its all about the windows phone.......
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on February 03, 2015, 11:36:19 AM
Its all about the windows phone.......

Anything blighted by Bill Gates' mob is going to be shit.

Carbon_ZX6R

You would think that wouldn't you , but there finally learning , I use to be a die hard apple nut , till I finally got fed up with paying three times the price of a comparative spec product because its white and has an apple logo ita pure snobbery these days.
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

MOzZereLLa

I got my MacBook Pro and iPad from the US several hundred pounds cheaper.  My iPhones I've always bought second hand, so again, not paying the "label" price they think they can command.

I'm quite happy to pay a little extra for something that works.

You don't ride a Chong Shin motorcycle do you?  You pay the extra to ride a proper bike that works....

Carbon_ZX6R

I agree with you there moz but the windows phones are getting very interesting windows 10 for phones should be a game changer, I dont no , but I did once own a kinroad...... .
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

David W

Problem with Windows phone is that developers don't seem to give a shit about writing Apps for them.

Carbon_ZX6R

Its getting alot better and hopefully windows 10 will put it out there
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods