FZ8 upgrades. small update... 03/08

Started by Farmer Giles, November 09, 2013, 10:08:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmer Giles

Here you go then..  99% finished just the exhaust bracket to go but you get the idea..

really please how it's turned out, totally transformed the looks of it IMO..

Having fitted them, I'm not 100% sold of the bar end mirrors but I will live with them for now as they look much neater than the old top mounted ones and there are not any other options that I've seen yet..

anyway enough waffling...









Just needs a good clean now..

I will put a pic up once the exhaust hanger is done but that's it for now..

Thanks for reading..

CBr6y

tidy job, looks much better  :cool:

can I ask what bar ends mirrors those are/where you got them?  planning on getting some for my bike but not managed to find ones that am entirely happy with.

cheers
CB1000R

Alzo

Sweet except the Bar End mirrors...not a fan of those.  :cool: :moto:

Farmer Giles

Quote from: CBr6y on November 16, 2013, 09:29:23 pm
tidy job, looks much better  :cool:

can I ask what bar ends mirrors those are/where you got them?  planning on getting some for my bike but not managed to find ones that am entirely happy with.

cheers


These are the one I bought but they needed modifying a little as the standard Yamaha bars had threaded inserts in the bar ends so I had to remove the expanding part of the fitting and cut most of the thinner part of the black fitting off..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271257981548?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649


MOzZereLLa

I like the bar end mirrors.

What made you choose the FZ FG? Looks, price, cheap to insure, rarity etc??
Significantly faster than you.....

GRUMPY

Very nice. Bar end mirrors are a massive improvement. I've not seen a standard pair of mirrors on a naked bike that looks good.
A pair of black levers would look good on your bike, IMO. :afro:  :moto:

Farmer Giles

Quote from: MOz on November 17, 2013, 07:34:34 am
I like the bar end mirrors.

What made you choose the FZ FG? Looks, price, cheap to insure, rarity etc??


It was the looks and colour initially as I love black and white bikes. Reading up about them and reviews being pretty favourable and then being able to add my own spin as a pretty reasonable price. Went to have a look at this one, had a ride and was sold on it..  no regrets yet in the couple of hundred miles I've done so far..  just like riding a mountain bike on steroids  :rofl:

I'm yet to see another on the road and most people on the Fazer forum I've joined have the faired version which I don't like..


Quote from: GRUMPY on November 17, 2013, 08:01:49 am
Very nice. Bar end mirrors are a massive improvement. I've not seen a standard pair of mirrors on a naked bike that looks good.
A pair of black levers would look good on your bike, IMO. :afro:  :moto:


cnc levers (black with gold adjusters of course) are on the xmas list along with the optimate but TBH I can't see it sitting in the garage for weeks on end as I love riding it so much..

Green_Ninja

Looking good mate, I had bar end mirrors like that on the Speed Triple and originally like you I was surprised at how good a view they gave considering how small they are however I did find that the extra width of the bars became a PITA in town and if filtering so went back to the original mirrors which to be fair didn't look nearly as good BUT actually worked better.

Farmer Giles

Quote from: Green_Ninja on November 17, 2013, 10:18:01 am
Looking good mate, I had bar end mirrors like that on the Speed Triple and originally like you I was surprised at how good a view they gave considering how small they are however I did find that the extra width of the bars became a PITA in town and if filtering so went back to the original mirrors which to be fair didn't look nearly as good BUT actually worked better.


Thanks..

Yeah surprising how much wider it makes it feel even though it's only about 10cm per side.. Just getting it in the garage is a little extra effort and it's a mirror to smash against the garage door rather that a bar end weight to scratch..  We will see how I get on..

If I can find some better top mounted mirrors i might change but the OE ones are awful..

Alzo

Quote from: Green_Ninja on November 17, 2013, 10:18:01 am
Looking good mate, I had bar end mirrors like that on the Speed Triple and originally like you I was surprised at how good a view they gave considering how small they are however I did find that the extra width of the bars became a PITA in town and if filtering so went back to the original mirrors which to be fair didn't look nearly as good BUT actually worked better.
Spot on...the Bar Ends look so bad taste American...the clarity of the standard mirrors will always win me over. I would feel blinded without them...function over form in this instance.

Rubio

looking lovely - black and white and gold just seemd to work!

just duck tape these to your helmet..

CBr6y

Quote from: Farmer Giles on November 16, 2013, 10:35:13 pm
Quote from: CBr6y on November 16, 2013, 09:29:23 pm
tidy job, looks much better  :cool:

can I ask what bar ends mirrors those are/where you got them?  planning on getting some for my bike but not managed to find ones that am entirely happy with.

cheers


These are the one I bought but they needed modifying a little as the standard Yamaha bars had threaded inserts in the bar ends so I had to remove the expanding part of the fitting and cut most of the thinner part of the black fitting off..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271257981548?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649


cheers for that, will keep them in mind. Seen these others that I really like but not sure if they are a bit plastic/cheap looking, but like the style and they can be rotated to be outward or inward from the bar ends!!


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350827023835?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
CB1000R

Farmer Giles

they look quite smart..  and not to expensive to take a punt on.. 

thanks

Green_Ninja

Quote from: Farmer Giles on November 17, 2013, 10:13:56 pm
they look quite smart..  and not to expensive to take a punt on.. 

thanks


They do, considering getting a pair for the Street

Farmer Giles

Quote from: Green_Ninja on November 18, 2013, 08:00:25 am

They do, considering getting a pair for the Street



Make sure you put some pics up if you do give them a go... Always good to see them in the real world rather than the pics in the sales adverts...